Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My hubby took me to Chavy Land, an amusement park in Sulaymaniya.  It takes about 25 minutes with car and costs 7000 Iraqi Dinnar with a taxi from  Bakrajo. I was so excited because I have heard a lot about the place and finally we made it there !!!
Welcome to Chavy Land
The Chavy land is located in Goizha Mount. It has been open since 2013 and is considered as the biggest entertainment project in Iraq with the area of 750,000 square meter.  There are so many facilities such as roller coaster, merry go round, sky lift, cinema, ferris wheel, and etc. It also has an open area with chairs, restaurants and small booths.
A view from Chavy Land from our sky lift
A modern system is applied for the ticketing.  If we want to get in, we need to get a magnetic card and top up the card with amount of money. It costs 1000 Iraqi Dinar (per person) for the entrance fee.
Magnetic card
They charge different tariffs for each sites, for example 3000 Iraqi Dinar to take a mini roller coaster and 7000 Iraqi Dinar to get into the sky lift, unfortunately you cannot refund the money that you have put in the card.
The view from the sky lift
The sky lift is a bit expensive but it really worth. The view from the sky is breath taking. We got off in the top of the mountain for some drinks, relaxing for a while, and then we got into the sky lift to return back.
Sky lift terminal
After getting off the sky lift, I bought a roasted corn in a small booth for 3000 Iraqi Dinar, then we decided to take a mini roller coaster  (and  I screamed a lot!!).  I think I am too old for that spinning roller coaster,  my hubby kept asking me, "Are you okay?", "Are you okay?"...LOL.. Anyway, it was a lovely afternoon, we enjoyed it very much.

Life works in mysterious ways . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates